Online Application for Employment
The application package is an important part of the application process. Please ensure that you complete all fields accurately and answer all questions to the best of your knowledge. You may provide as much detail as you wish by adding extra documents containing the information or a resume to the completed application.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application, they may be attached for supplemental information. The completed online application will be sent to the attention of Chief Ben Smith.
The minimum requirement for the firefighter position is as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must pass a criminal background and drivers license check.
- Must be able to complete medical, physical and written assessments
- S.C. Fire Academy 1153 Firefighter I certification or NFPA Firefighter I Certification that is eligible for equivalency or reciprocity by the S.C. Fire Academy.
- Current first aid, CPR and AED certification or higher level certification.
Reciprocity information: Further information regarding certification reciprocity or equivalency from South Carolina Fire Academy, can be obtained by calling 803-896-9881 or visiting the academy’s website.