Fire Marshal Brian Haley
The Fire Marshal with the Irmo Fire District has several duties involving a variety of functions. Included in this list are Inspections, reviewing renovations and new construction, Public Education and Fire and Arson Investigations.
My name is Brian Haley. I am the Fire Marshal for the Irmo Fire District. I am in charge of all code enforcement and public education. I enjoy going out into the community and talking about fire prevention and safety.
I have 17 years of service to the Irmo Fire District and have been in the position of Firefighter, Engineer, Senior Firefighter, and Captain. I spent many, many hours educating myself so I can serve my community to the best of my abilities. Here is a short list of my accomplishments.
- Certified Fire and explosives Investigator
- Certified Fire and Life Safety Educator
- Firefighter II
- Certified Airport Firefighter
- Fire Academy Instructor II
- Bachelor of Science in criminal Justice Administration (Magna Cum Laude)
- Masters of Science in Emergency Services Management
- Member of the South Carolina chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators
- Member of the National Association of Fire Investigators
- Board member of the Irmo Fire Foundation
- Child Safety Seat Technician and Senior Checker
- Notary Public
As outlined in the legally adopted 2015 International Fire Code. A person shall not kindle or maintain or authorize to be kindled or maintained any open burning unless a permit is obtained from the Fire Official prior to kindling a fire.